Sunday, April 17, 2005

Job interview :S

Yesterday @ abt 1pm as i was enjoying myself playing computer games, e phone rang.. it was from an unknown number.. Oh no! I picked up e hp n it was a job interview for data entry position in a company in Burlington sq nxt 2 Sim Lim sq @ 3.30pm. Taking my own sweet time, i left e house an hour earlier thinking tt i would b on time. What should i wear? Formal or casual? after a long debate, i decided 2 play safe n wore formal. So mafan! I feel tt i looked like an idiot. I hav a direct bus there n i took it.. @ 3:15, i realised tt i travelled only half e journey n was still on e bus. Shit! So i immediately got down e bus, called 2 person 2 tell e person i'll b late, n took a cab. Den i realised tt Sim Lim Sq is juz a few streets ahead!! waste my taxi fare..

I arrived n they bombared me with questions like what's my hobbies, what other jobs am i looking 4 etc etc (like it has anything to do with them..) Den, they said i had 2 do some data entry tests.. My god! It turns out this company sorts n compiles data (e.g.compile surveys) for other companies. I have a hard time doing e test, man.. I went home feeling very dejected.. I was bound 2 fail this interview.. When i got home, i realised some of e stupid n silly things which i've done.. I told my mum abt my interview n boy she gave me a lecture on how 2 improve on e nxt interview.. At @ 7pm, my phone rang again.. It was an unknown number again.. Shit!

" Yuen Teng, can u pls come 2 work nxt tues? See ya!" Phew!! I thought i didn't make it. Haha

There ppl @ e com r quite friendly from my observation. E gd thing abt tt is tt i can wear casual wear 2 work so i'm very happy abt tt. But, a $5.50/hr? Should i juz stick wif this or look 4 others high paid jobs as well?




Yuen Teng

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. try working first. maybe u like the environment. there's a lot of nice food to eat at bugis! *drools*

this gonna be a temp job yah? so the pay is quite alright la though i would recommend a minimum of 6bucks/hr.

well, good luck to you and enjoy working!

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:30:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home