Thursday, November 09, 2006

Canaan Church


This is the church which I've been going to Canaan church.

I've learnt lots of things from this church. They've taught me to become a better, a more perfect person. Of course, i'll try my best to do my part. All the people here are very nice and helpful. I felt very happy being with them, and my smiles infront of them are real. This is a very big contrast between me going to the churches in Singapore. Everyone in the church are like angels for their hearts and thoughts are very kind, righteous and helpful. Me, on the other hand, when compared to them, are like the devil. Therefore, I really need to try my best to change. I'm amazed at the things i learnt from going to this church for only just 3 weeks. I will continue to work hard. Currently, my aim is to practice controlling my heart and to do the things which is stated in Matthew chapter 5 to 7 of the bible.

Matthew chapter 5-7
Do not murder - do not hate other people
Adultery - Do not have such thoughts
Oaths - "Simply let your Yes be Yes and your No be No"
Love for enemies - Even when someone has done something wrong to you, do not curse him. Instead, help and bless him as well.
Giving to the Needy - Help others
Do not judge

These are the things which i've to focus on for the time being.
Sometimes, i failed. There are so many times a day where I've sinned.
Even though many have not realised because I didn't show it, but I've commited sins like jealousy, letting pride get in the way, having bad feelings against people, judging people etc, that's why I say that controlling the heart is hard. But i'll try my best.

" If I cannot change someone else, I'll have to change my heart."
" Do not judge others"
"Guard your heart"

Y T